The other day I was schlepping around my food co-op looking for unique ingredients. I am sort of bored with my everyday food stuffs, so I want to start branching out. Cooking new recipes keeps me from heading to the golden arches out of boredom and keeps me in my own kitchen.
I love coconut sticky rice. I first discovered Thai Coconut Sticky Rice at my local Thai restaurant. It took one bite for my to fall in love with the complex flavor and the texture. Top it off with some tangy Mango and you have mouth explosion. The good kind of mouth explosion.
I came across PURPLE Thai Sticky Rice and decided it needed to be my newest foodie find. The rice has a purple shell that cracks open and makes the rice a deep purple as it boils.
(Purple) Thai Coconut Sticky Rice
- 1.5 C Purple Thai Sticky Rice/ or Jasmine or Basmati (you pick)
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1/4 C. Sugar
- 1 Mango (cubed)
- Cook rice per brand instructions till tender
- Simmer Coconut Milk, cubed mango, and sugar until sugar dissolves
- Combine rice and milk mixture and cook until milk evaporates and rice thickens
- Allow rice to cool in refrigerator for 1 hour
The kids ate this up and I was super excited to add another recipe to our collection.